2019 MRSL Season Registration Information
Updated Wednesday January 30, 2019 by MRSL.
Welcome to the 2019 MRSL Season!
The 2019 season the league will be organized into 5 or 6 divisions split across Sunday and Monday nights and teams will be placed into the appropriate divisions based on the following criteria:
- The board will use reasonable efforts to ensure divisions comprised of 8 teams based on the following:
- Level of play as determined by the previous year's record and standings – only teams finishing in the top or bottom two places in 2018 will be automatically promoted or relegated, respectively.
- Team's own submitted division request, and notes as to why, when registering
- (If brand new team) Level of play as submitted by the team when registering and, if possible, direct observation by a member of the MRSL Board
- Fill the top division with 8 teams first, then the 2nd division, and so on until all registered teams are placed
There will also be a Masters Division option for teams comprised solely of players turning 35 at any point during the 2018 calendar year*. This division, or divisions depending on number of teams registering, will operate in the same manner and according to the same bylaws as every other division of the MRSL. Playoffs and Promotion/Relegation between divisions will be offered if enough teams sign up.
*If we do not have a sufficient number of teams registering for the Masters Division we will put those teams into the appropriate divisions based on where they finished last season.
Here's a list of upcoming important dates:
- Returning Team Registration is NOW Open. This early registration window will close on February 14th as will the Returning Team early registration discount.
- Any team managers registering their team by February 14th will receive a special email offer from one of the league's partners.
- February 14th – February 28th – New Team Registration Opens and any returning teams not registered by February 14th will have to pay the same fee as any new teams.
- Approximately March 14th – Divisions will be announced
- TBD – Schedule will be released
- TBD in late March or early April – Spring Meeting will be held
Returning Team and Player Registration is now open for the 2019 summer. To register your team, click on the Register Now button on the league homepage.
If you're registering a new team into the league, follow these steps:
- On the MRSL.org home page click on the "Register Online" button
- Fill in your personal contact information
- Select the Night+Division that you would like to compete in, note all new teams will be vetted by the MRSL Board and placed in a division commensurate with the information we're able to collect about talent/skill level and to ensure a competitive and enjoyable season for all teams within the league.
- Select "Register a New Team" and enter team name, your team's primary contact information (hint: it's probably you)
- Enter your team colors for your home and away kits
- Verify the Registration fees and click the Continue Registration button
- Add comments/notes that we, the MRSL Board, should take into consideration when placing you into a division
- Checkout and Pay to confirm your team's registration for the 2018 season. Teams will not be approved and placed into a division until their registration fee and any outstanding debts from past seasons are paid in full.
If you have any questions about the above, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com and I will either get you an answer or point you in the proper direction. Attached are the league bylaws which will be undergoing some minor amendments this spring pending approval by the managers at the Spring Meeting.
Thanks for being a part of this league, we look forward to seeing you on the field.
The MRSL Board of Directors
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.